WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, RETURN POLICY
The Consumer may have rights in relation to Goods under the relevant consumer laws (eg. Australian Consumer Law). Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts any of the Consumer’s statutory rights. Where the Goods are not purchased for personal, domestic or household use, we may limit the Consumer’s remedies to replacing or repairing the Goods or reimbursing the Consumer for the cost of repairing or replacing the Goods.
(1) In the event of a structural defect of the delivered Goods, the Consumer shall be entitled to request from us to repair the defect or to supply another Goods (as ordered) which is free from those defects.
(2) We may refuse to remedy defective Goods in the manner requested by the Consumer if such remedy would result in unreasonable costs.
(3) In addition to the statutory warranty and guarantees, we voluntarily grant for all frames an extended warranty of 2 years in total from the date of Order for frames and forks excluding bearings and shocks as well as any damage to the paintwork/anodisation/coatings. This warranty is limited to defective workmanship, materials or goods and excludes normal wear and tear.
(4) Without any limitation of the statutory warranty rights of the Consumer, our voluntary warranty is subject to the following additional conditions:
(i) The warranty does not cover damages caused by inappropriate or unspecified use for the particular Goods as described on our website, including:
neglect of Goods (lack of care and maintenance);
- modifications to frame or fork;
- mounting and alteration of additional components that were not expressly approved by us or replacement of our original components with non-identical components;
- jumps; or
- excessive loads of any other kind.
(ii) We reserve the right to repair damaged frames and forks or replace them with a new model.
(iii) In the event that it is necessary to change frame and/or fork we will endeavour to replace them in the original colour subject to availability. Should the original colour no longer be available, it may be that there are deviations from the original colour.
(iv) Guarantee rights are limited to the aforementioned and any additional incurred costs (such as assembly, transport, etc.) and additional costs for assembly or material due to a model-change are not covered. Within the framework of our voluntary guarantee, the Consumer shall bear these costs.
(v) Our guarantee is valid and only for the original Consumer who purchased the goods.
N+ BIKES RETURNS POLICY
Besides any statutory revocation rights, we voluntarily provide for our Consumers a 14 day return policy excluding Custom Orders subject to our returns process.
Custom Orders includes Limited Editions, all road bikes and components and Orders for Goods that have been altered in any way for the Consumer at their request. Custom Orders are not eligible for cancellation and refund.
To be eligible for our returns process you must notify us in writing that you wish to return and complete the return of the Goods within 14 days from the delivery date of the Goods. All items for return must be in their original packaging, packed as received, in new condition, unused, unwashed, unaltered, and undamaged. If this can be complied with we will issue you with the return shipping address (at our discretion which will usually be the origin address of the Goods unless we agree otherwise). You will then arrange for shipping with a reputable carrier and provide us with proof of shipping to the address provided by us, subject to acceptance by us. Once we receive the Goods at the agreed address we can then inspect and confirm the returns process has been complied with and proceed to issue a refund.
We reserve the right to request photographic proof of the condition of the Goods and to process any refund upon receipt and inspection of the Goods by us. We also reserve the right to deduct an amount from the refund where the returned Goods are not in the original new condition required under the Returns Process when received by us. Please note that refunds can take some time to process due to the operations of the payment facility providers.
Any statutory revocation right remains unaffected.